Saturday, June 30, 2012

Yo

Since I post blog updates, from day 1 to day 9, I guess you should start with Erste Tag (Day 1), and work backwards to the ninth day.  Other than that, I pretty much posted our itinerary of our Bavarian vacation.  I don't know when I return to Europe, but other cities in Germany such as Cologne, Berlin, etc our higher on my priority, but I would love to return to Munich. Since you can't really get Augustiner beer here, since they really don't export it.  I still also want to go to other places such as Prague, Brussels, and most definitely, a return trip to Rome.  I definitely miss the public transportation of Munich already, and how you pretty much never need to drive in the city itself.  From the trams to the S-bahn, to the U-Bahn, to the bus system, and to using the train to get to other cities.  I don't mind all the walking we did, because it's healthy exercise, and it helps work off what you eat/build an appetite for you.  It's crazy how much people bike in Munich, and I definitely would bike everywhere if I lived there.  Never really did much public drinking in Munich besides at the beer halls/gardens, but you're definitely allowed to do it.  I'm not going to miss the "heavy" German food, and I probably won't eat it again until Oktoberfest here, but it won't be as good. I won't ever get as good Wienerschnitzel, Bratwurst, Schweinshaxe again.  This vacation, and the return to Europe at a cheaper rate, was an awesome vacation. 9 days, almost felt way too short!  But this is more time than most people spend in Munich.  Auf Wiedersehen, until I return on my own dime in the hopefully near future (5-10 years??) Oh yeah, you can click pictures to enlarge them. Encase that wasn't clear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment