Friday, June 29, 2012

Vierte Tag


Day 4.  Today we started off by going to the Nymphenburg Palace.  It’s a huge estate, and stretches more than a half a mile wide when you first walk into it.  Just the beginning lake in front of the house is huge.  The palace itself, is decorated nicely in the grand hall, and the other rooms are just ok.  




Filled with paintings and other lavish decorations.  The funny room was a room that the king had decorated with 36 portraits of random “beautiful” women, unlike those ugly royal chicks and their portraits. 
After this we cruised outside to the canal in the back, where it’s like a Versailles-light version.  Then we walked to the Amalienburg, or the hunting lodge of the King.  This whole place was decorated nicely from blue china wall paintings, to hunting pictures, to a giant hall of mirrors, and to another room completely lavished in Japanese and Chinese art.   







We then went to the carriage and porcelain museum after, to look at old the king’s different sleighs, carriages, etc.  Those things are insanely detailed! I can’t speak for the comfort of them, but they are decorated really, really nicely.  Even the baby stroller was really nice looking.   




After this, I left my family to go the Allianz Arena.  The U-bahn here was pretty long and filled with students.  It’s crazy, that it’s like a 1.5 mile walk from the stop for the arena, even though you can see the building.  The Allianz Arena was huge.  I snuck onto an English tour after the English tour was sold out, because I told them I couldn’t speak German, so they let me through. We got to see the field from different angles and test the acoustics, which are loud.  We got to see the Press Room, mixed zone, and the locker rooms.  The locker room is nothing special, but a lot more nice looking than the visitors room. I then spent over 100 euros on Bayern Munich stuff at the store and went to meet my parents at the English garden.   





Once I got there, it was confusing as fuck, to try and follow the map to where they are.  This park is huge, and bigger than Central Park.  Once I did a loop around a monument, and went a couple wrong directions, I made it to the Chinese Tower landmark at the Garden.  This thing is pretty cool, and there is a live German band who plays a song every couple minutes at the top of it.  Germany was playing a Euro 2012 game later that night, so tons of German fans were just chilling there, four hours before the game would be shown at the beer garden.   

After enjoying a nice cold coke, we then cruised around and shopped near the Marienplatz.  We then had the Hofbrauhaus for dinner.  It’s really stuffy in there, but the roasted pork, the pretzel, and the Helles beer were all excellent. After this, I stayed around in the beer garden to watch the Germany game.  It was so packed, that I had to stand near the stairs to the second floor to watch the game. Tons of tourists and locals were there rooting for the Germans, and they went crazy for every goal scored. They won 4-2.  I ended up standing by some Canadians, Australians, and South Africans, so we all spoke English.  They were some cool people, and they bought me a beer.  After that beer, I was tired as hell, and was showing signs of falling asleep at the beer garden. But I made it back to the hotel room, and passed out.  






No comments:

Post a Comment